Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tdci failure to start

Options
  • 04-03-2016 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

I have a ford Galaxy '08 2lt tdci. On the first start of the day the car will sometimes start for 5 seconds into a rough idle and cut out, when I try again it usually starts no problem. There's no warning lights on the dash and I've just had a fuel injector changed so it couldn't be that.
    Any ideas? I don't want it turn into a bigger problem. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Battery?
    I have someone who can do an amp test on it tonight. Just hoping it's not something more serious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Ah if it was the battery it wouldn't even start.Sounds like an airlock in your fuel system. Was the fuel filter changed in the recent past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

I have a ford Galaxy '08 2lt tdci. On the first start of the day the car will sometimes start for 5 seconds into a rough idle and cut out, when I try again it usually starts no problem. There's no warning lights on the dash and I've just had a fuel injector changed so it couldn't be that. Any ideas? I don't want it turn into a bigger problem. Thanks

Is the flywheel noisey by any chance had one or two of those with faulty.

Either that or you have fuel leaking back to the tank over night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Is the flywheel noisey by any chance had one or two of those with faulty.

Either that or you have fuel leaking back to the tank over night.

No flywheel it's an automatic. I wonder could it be a faulty air shut off valve. Not having a warning on the dash makes the diagnosis difficult as it doesn't always fail to start.

• Advertisement
Advertisement