Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renaming photos in bulk

Options
  • 04-03-2016 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have a lot of photos in various folders, many of which may well have the same name (e.g. DSC00102). Does anyone use any software they would recommend to rename these to perhaps include the date? The reason I am interested is so I can bulk upload to Google Drive but don't want to overwrite photos already uploaded.

Thanks!
    Loire.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

You can do that when exporting in Lightroom, you can choose to rename to custom filenames when exporting. You can choose to include a multitude of things in the renaming, date, lens, camera, title, email ect or even custom text and you can export the contents of a folder in one batch and it will auto apply to all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Select all, press F2 and type a new name, say 04-03-2016.

Windows will name them all consecutively so if it was say today's date as mentioned above it would name them 04-03-2016.jpg, 04-03-2016(1).jpg, 04-03-2016(2).jpg, 04-03-2016(3).jpg, 04-03-2016(4).jpg etc.

Advertisement