Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Chromecast with kindle Fire

Options
  • 04-03-2016 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I was looking yesterday for a cable to connect my Kindle Fire (5th generation) with my TV but I gather there are none available...one shop suggested visiting Maplins.....where guy told me the answer was Chromecast (@ €39).

It is still in the box because I was not entirely convinced that it could mirror on my TV screen the apps on my tablet, and I kept options open on returning Chromecast.

My kindle Fire does not have a micro (mini) HDMI outlet - it only has a micro-usb connection - the same one through which it is recharged.

Advice etc would be much appreciated:):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I've tried installing the Chromecast app on my kindle fire, but it won't work without Google Play services. As far as I know, the only way to do that is to root it.

Mine is an older model with the HDMI out, so it's really a problem for me.

Advertisement