Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Feed 1 litre - recommend??

Options
  • 03-03-2016 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Currently driving 1.8 ford focus TDI, great car, love it but changing jobs soon and my driving needs will drop dramatically from 200+ km per week to just 10km per week Max! Insurance is due soon as well and considering everyone I've asked had seen a substantial increase I'm thinking of preempting the inevitable rise by downsizing the engine size, I'm hoping this will impact positively on renewal. Seriously considering the Kia Ceed 1 litre and am looking for reviews, feedback and any other advice I can take on board??

TIA.

Thread title should obviously read Kia CEED - damn predictive text!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Haven't had one but for 10 km a week do you even need a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You want to spend thousands upgrading a car you'll barely use to save an unconfirmed tens of euros on insurance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BlueLass

Do need a car but can appreciate why it would appear that I could probably do without. As the mileage is drastically reduced I don't want or need the bigger engine size, I would prefer to get the smaller engine and the Kia guarantee is particularly appealing, therefore looking for feedback from anyone who has one currently. Cheaper tax and insurance is another incentive for me also.

These are still a very new model, there are only 45 registered in Ireland so far. I don't think anyone here actually has one.

What year is your current car?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    These are still a very new model, there are only 45 registered in Ireland so far. I don't think anyone here actually has one.

What year is your current car?

Current car is 08 1.8 zetec. Had quick trip into kia dealer to get idea of costs etc, he allowing e6k on my car with e4300 cash deposit and remainder on 0% Apr. There was a ceed model on the floor and I have to say it was very very nice!!

• Advertisement

You own car must have very low tax too though.
    There's nothing wrong with wanting a new car of course! But the reasons you've given alone don't justify it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

Test drove the 1L Kia Ceed and it was woefully under powered even for city driving.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You own car must have very low tax too though.
    There's nothing wrong with wanting a new car of course! But the reasons you've given alone don't justify it :)

Your right of course, the tax on my own car is just under e300 but since seeing the ceed I really really really want it now, kinda like child in toy shop now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Kia and Hyundai build great cars. If I was in the market for a small car they’re the only brands Id consider.

Let us know what you decide and post a few pics of your new ride

crashplan wrote: »
    Test drove the 1L Kia Ceed and it was woefully under powered even for city driving.

So I'm assuming you would not recommend it?? Any other negatives you picked up on??

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Test drive the Kia Ceed for yourself and see if you like it. Another you could look at is the Ford Focus 1.0 litre as well. Some of the other brands alo offer 1.0 litre cars of that size too. Peugeot with the 308 and am sure the new Opel Astra has one too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

There isn't a massive advantage in seeking out a really small capacity turbo engine. They're becoming a necessary evil, but hardly something to go out of your way to have.

Advertisement