Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo stereo loss of sound

Options
  • 03-03-2016 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Head unit it OEM Ford 6000cd , recently changed the battery and typed in the radio code and sound is very very low/faint even when turned up to MAX volume , does anyone have any advice or could point me in the direction to what is wrong ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

What year is the car. Is the volume low on both radio and cd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

its 2004 MK3 TDCI , yeah its low on both CD and radio , what would be the cause here ? speakers arnt blown AFAIK

If the volume is so low that you have to put your ear to the speaker to hear it then you have a serious fault in your radio . You would need to contact someone in your area who repairs car audio

If the volume is so low that you have to put your ear to the speaker to hear it then you have a serious fault in your radio . You would need to contact someone in your area who repairs car audio

yeah thats it probably new radio needed , is it as simple as getting another radio from same model car with code and itll be ok again , ?

thanks for getting back to me :D

a replacement from a breakers yard should work fine. Your radio is repairable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

Same happened to me on a focus mk2 with same radio recently. 2 tweeters are operating only.

My internet research says disconnect and reconnect the radio as sometimes radio can't detect speakers after reconnecting the battery. didn't try it yet.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery may be easier path though.

disconnected battery and it worked after re entering the code , good and loud , but turned off radio and its back to square one now , havent a notion of what the problem is lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

You can reset most Ford radios by pressing and holding the power button for 15 seconds or so. Worth a try.

Advertisement