Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2004 Almera Sport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

They are a very poor car tbh. Chains stretch on them, regardless of oil changes. Gearboxes are weak on them, they rust, especially around the front crossmember, they don't drive that great and the ride is very poor over bumpy roads. Headlights also melt on the facelift model.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

You'd want to be getting into an 07 SVE for that money they're history.now and haven't aged well .

This car is €600 cheaper yet it's way ahead of any almera
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-terra/11700606

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Not mad on them myself I'll try and talk him out of this model

Budget is 3k max and nothing over 1.6 any ideas?

Not mad on them myself I'll try and talk him out of this model

Budget is 3k max and nothing over 1.6 any ideas?

Something like I posted above would be a good option. They are one the best cars in their class from that era.

• Advertisement

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    This car is 600 cheaper yet it's way ahead of any almera
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-terra/11700606

Cheers man I passed this on and the pitfalls but he's still got his heart set on one
    Your funeral I said , no talking to some people

Cheers man I passed this on and the pitfalls but he's still got his heart set on one

No problem :)

Tell him to test drive both. I think he'll easily change his mind if he does. :)

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

No problem :)

Tell him to test drive both. I think he'll easily change his mind if he does. :)

Will do cheers for all the advice guys

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I can only guess that your friend likes having sporty bits on the car. The almera wasn't a class leader 16 years ago when it came out, and time hasn't been kind to them, it doesn't help that they aren't particularly safe, and mechanically they're not as bulletproof as you'd imagine,
    A corolla strata would give the shporty add ons that the almera has.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I can only guess that your friend likes having sporty bits on the car. The almera wasn't a class leader 16 years ago when it came out, and time hasn't been kind to them, it doesn't help that they aren't particularly safe, and mechanically they're not as bulletproof as you'd imagine,
    A corolla strata would give the shporty add ons that the almera has.

It would indeed but can a good one be got for under 3k. Those hatchback corollas hold their value very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Mazda 3 then.

Mazda 3 is a similar looker alright. My uncle had the Almera saloon and it felt very tinny so under illusion there are anything but a Shiite car

Advertisement