Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

02 Ford Focus not sparking

Options
  • 03-03-2016 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Help please, my car was driving fine when I went to the shop, when I came out it wouldnt start, called roadside assist and was told it wasn't "sparking" so now its been towed to a garage, anyone any ideas please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Possibly the coil pack has given up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Even if that was that case it would still start. I would start with battery then starter motor. Garage will come back to you with either of those as the problem. About €150 parts and labour est.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Hal1 wrote:
    Even if that was that case it would still start.
    Nope. Your thinking if it was misfiring or not firing on one cylinder it will still start. I have seen the complete coil pack go dead too which is what I'm reckoning.
    Either way we're just diagnosing from info on a website. Get the car to a garage OP and let us know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I was speaking from my own experience having replaced 4 of them on separate cars. That's what I was basing my opinion on how it would misfire on still start. I never encountered one were it was completely dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

karen89 wrote: »
    Help please, my car was driving fine when I went to the shop, when I came out it wouldnt start, called roadside assist and was told it wasn't "sparking" so now its been towed to a garage, anyone any ideas please?

What did the garage/mechanic say?

• Advertisement
Advertisement