Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suzuki Sx4 S Cross, opinions

Options
  • 03-03-2016 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Looking at changing my car:
    2010 Skoda Yeti 2.0 Diesel Active
    90k km on clock

Considering switching to petrol as primarily used for 20km commute
    (half motorway (M50), half in busy traffic on city roads).
    Occasional trips from Dublin to home (outside Cork) - bout 4 times a year.
    Don't think its worth sticking with Diesel

Deal to switch to 2016 Skoda Yeti 1.2 Petrol was pretty poor.
    Plus Skoda Yeti trims are more expensive now
    - need to get 2016 Ambition to be equivalent of my 2010 Active trim.

Been offered a good deal on a 2016 Suzuki Sx4 S Cross GL 1.6 Petrol
    Excellent trade in price and decent spec on basic model (GL).
    Suzuki us not a very popular brand, and newer Suzuki Vitara is much more popular.
    Think Vitara is a good bit smaller, especially when compared to my Skoda Yeti.

Anyone have any experience/opinions on Suzuki Sx4 S Cross?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

SX4 S Cross is due a mid life facelift soon if that bothers you. Good trade in price could be because of that or just that the dealer is a bit more eager to sell one given the very small market share they have. People tend to just not see them rather than avoiding them. Suzuki have a very small market presence here but that doesn't mean they are a bad or poor brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

I think it's a retrograde step. The yeti is much better looking on the outside and the interior is much better quality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I honestly can't see the appeal either, the yeti is a superior car in my opinion.
    If you can hold off till autumn, seat are launching a slightly smaller version of the Tiguan called the Alteca. It's rumoured to be a nice bit cheaper than the VW,

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pattwoie

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

I heard about future facelift. Sales guy said no one planned. Which I believe is a lie. Due to be announced at Geneva Motor Show this week I think. Bit of a red flag but probably just salesmen being salesmen. Wouldn't care too much bout missing facelift if I got a good deal.

To be honest, cost of change was 15k for Skoda Yeti.
    And was 12k for Citroen C4 Cactus Petrol (which is smaller).
    While only 9k for S Cross.
    In fact, Suzuki Vitara was 500 more than S Cross which was surprising as it's smaller, although newly released.

Did ask why trade in and cost of change was so good and why it was even better than smaller Vitara. He said he has targets to fill and S Cross has more margin to play with. And Vitaras are outselling them 3/1 at least so not much margin on them. Simi figures on registrations agree so I do believe him.

Agree that I'd prefer the Yeti as it's more refined etc. But with over 6k difference in price I'm seriously considering the S Cross. 9k for similarish car that is 6 years newer than my 2010 Yeti is good. Am I crazy?

Any Sx4 S Cross owners out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think the SX4 is a nice car and can look quiet good too. Am surprised there is not more of them on the roads as they are priced good and specced good. Would you not try to buy a mid spec one do instead of the basic spec. What about looking at the Kia Soul and the Fiat 500X as well.
    It is strange that the Vitara is now smaller than the SX4 as it used to be the other way round with the last gen of each car. I think the last generation Vitara looks much better than the current one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement