Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turbo trainer tyre zaffiro pro

Options
  • 03-03-2016 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

HI,

i have problem with this tyre...it's losing plenty of its rubber from the middle tread the small pieces are everywhere

it looks like this
    imgur.com/a/3diSU

its pretty annoying the whole bike vibrates and it loses the grip and wasnt now even able to get to higher watts with it anymore just it doesnt grip on the turbo anymore. did around 80hrs with this tyre. is that i have installed the wheel diameter incorrectly on turbo (23x700c tyre) or is it just that the tyre is just of a poor quality ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

I find that turbos are murder on a standard road tyre. Since I got a Tacx turbo tyre, it's like night and day. Tacx shows only light wear after maybe 100 h.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

I have used the same tyre on a Tacx magnetic trainer (pre runner of Satori) and had no trouble with shredding with the centre of the tyre blackened and shiny. Had a non turbo specific tyre that shredding like that but surprised to see that happening with a Zaffiro Pro.

Maybe I'm not pushing it hard enough though!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 killswitx

outfox wrote: »
    I find that turbos are murder on a standard road tyre. Since I got a Tacx turbo tyre, it's like night and day. Tacx shows only light wear after maybe 100 h.

that there is a turbo trainer specific tyre...i think zaffiro is crap...will be getting continental we will see how that one will go

• Registered Users Posts: 49 killswitx

I have used the same tyre on a Tacx magnetic trainer (pre runner of Satori) and had no trouble with shredding with the centre of the tyre blackened and shiny. Had a non turbo specific tyre that shredding like that but surprised to see that happening with a Zaffiro Pro.

Maybe I'm not pushing it hard enough though!

actually sometimes it when going on slow cadence and high power it smells like rubber burning...awgh

Advertisement