Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enter The Gungeon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Wishlisted the absolute **** out of it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

a bit of Binding of Isacc to it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This is out on Tuesday.

Live 80 hour (!) twitch stream with one of the developers giving commentary:
    https://www.twitch.tv/richard_hammer

The game looks fantastic and I have no regrets preordering. Hope it does well for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

I'm excited to dig into this tomorrow.

Watched a lot of the stream yesterday (probably too much) but can't wait to play it. I think they started it on Saturday and they only finished the game for the first time during the night last night. It's hard as hell, but looks fair.

• Advertisement

Looks class. Love Devolver Digital games!

The twitch stream (linked above) is still going. They've been playing almost 4 days straight - a testament to how good the game is.

nearly forgot about this. €14.99 on the ps4 , and 1.2GB download , nipped home there so it should be downloaded when i get back from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

2smiggy wrote: »
    nearly forgot about this. €14.99 on the ps4 , and 1.2GB download , nipped home there so it should be downloaded when i get back from work.

Could have had your PS4 in rest mode, and cued it up via the app on your phone, save you a trip... ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Currently top of Steam

• Advertisement

Just got my preorder key from GMG.

Any1 play the Ps4 edition yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

Got this on pc, bloody he'll it's addictive though I'm terrible at it. Can't get past the second boss thus far after 9 attempts. Maybe the 10th will be the one...

I played past the first boss on the PS4 the other night, had not much of a chance to play it between the champions league and the masters golf. Will give it a proper go tomorrow morning before all the sports start again !!

I've beaten 2 floors on my best run so far, and managed to beat the
    Oubliette
    secret level too. Hard as nails though - the guys on the twitch stream make it look so easy.

Had to remap the buttons though... the default mapping was strange to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Got as far as the third floor boss. It's a tough game alright as it doesn't shower you with pick ups and health like Isaac would. Also find it easier on a keyboard to my surprise as aiming single shot weapons with an analogue stick isn't very accurate

FWIW, it's much better than Nuclear Throne.

In ETG, there is a sense of progression - that you're chipping away at it and getting access to better gear.

I didn't get that feeling with Nuclear Throne. That always felt like you were starting from scratch each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just platinumed Issac for a second time so think I'll have to get this, looks fantastic. Big dan of a lot of Devolver games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,735 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

This game is pretty hard, have only made it to the second chamber twice so far, only boss I've successfully beat is the twins, came close with bullet king once but the raven just destroys me every time.

Anyone understand the secret rooms and how they work? Are blanks the only thing that open them or is there other ways?

I think some weapons work too. I got to Floor 4 last night, so I was quite pleased by that. I've also beaten a few bosses (
    Gorgun, Gull, Twins, Ammoconda
    ) without being hit.

For the first secret level,
    there is always a fireplace on the first floor and a barrel of water in a nearby room. You can push the barrel. If you can get it to the fireplace, it will put the fire out. If you have the water squirter weapon, that will also work. Hit a switch in there and it will open a secret room (it will show on the map). You'll need 2 keys to open the trap door there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Mr E wrote: »
    I think some weapons work too. I got to Floor 4 last night, so I was quite pleased by that. I've also beaten a few bosses (
    Gorgun, Gull, Twins, Ammoconda
    ) without being hit.

For the first secret level,
    there is always a fireplace on the first floor and a barrel of water in a nearby room. You can push the barrel. If you can get it to the fireplace, it will put the fire out. If you have the water squirter weapon, that will also work. Hit a switch in there and it will open a secret room (it will show on the map). You'll need 2 keys to open the trap door there.

Got to the 4th floor just now for the first time, was left with half heart and an armour pickup going into the next floor :eek: Boss pick up was a Demon Head with the sub-title "Wanged" a reference to the Shadow Warrior series :D. Did well with the weapon on the 4th floor only to die to a
    Mimic
    Caught me right off guard :mad:

Some good runs today finally managed to open the main shop and also took a run at the first secret floor where I came upon another breach npc to unlock.

Made it to the second floor bosses 3 times now too but closest I've gotten is around 50%, this is gonna be fun though

The supply drop update went live today. A huge update:
    The Enter the Gungeon’s Supply Drop Update adds nearly 200 new rooms to the Gungeon that include new weapons, enemies, companions, bosses, and shrines for even the most seasoned Gungeoneer. Players will come across new guns like the Bullet Gun, a gun shaped like a bullet that shoots guns and those guns shoot bullets, and new companions like Ser Junkan who gains strength and power as you carry more and more literal junk with you through the Gungeon. Elite gunslingers will also be able to tackle unique pasts for both Robot and Bullet and an all-new boss – the Mine Flayer!

33 New guns and items
    7 New enemy types, including Keybullet Kin
    New third floor boss, the Mine Flayer
    Pasts and alternate costumes for both secret characters
    Save and Quit at the end of each floor
    A new NPC, Challenge Mode, shrines, a new companion, and more!
    Numerous bug fixes, item balancing, and quality of life improvements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

This has a 50% discount on steam at the moment (till the 30th I think)

I picked it up...good fun but hard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Have been undecided between this and Nuclear Throne for the longest time.....but 50% off wins out :D

Nice game, may remap the buttons after Mr E mentioned it, RB for fire and RT for item is just so wrong.

Having to reload is a novel feature after spending well over 200 hours between various iterations of Isaac. Beat the Raven and Bullet King easy enough, got wrecked by the Gorgun.

Great update, still awful at this game though, died over 100 times now and have yet to get past the 4th floor, enjoyed every second and will keep slamming my head against the wall though.

Kicking myself as I had an awesome build last night was making mince meat of the third floor no damage taken and then there's always that 1 room where everything goes wrong......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Mr E, posted to save save and quit at the end of each floor. Is this true.

I FINALLY cleared the first floor last night, yes I suck, but I died very quickly into the second floor.

I didn't see a save and quit place. Damn it. Will try again later.

It is a seriously good game though. Great pick up and play for 15 mins kinda thing in between other games. Or when 15 mins turns into 2 hours!! lol

Has this been released on PS4 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Has this been released on PS4 yet?

Enter the gungeon the game or the update?

I assume you mean update. I think it might have been as there was enemies the other night I'd never come across before. Maybe I just hadn't played it enough.

I'm playing on ps4 btw.

• Advertisement
Advertisement