Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes - Demister air flow not working

Options
  • 03-03-2016 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭

So I posted a message a week or so back about blower on toyota avensis. I got that fixed and it's working grand now. One of my friends is having a similar issue with her Mercedes E class 2004. Though it sounds like the blower is working fine but the actuator that controls where the air flow goes is the problem.

Basically when air is directed to the windscreen it is not channeling there. I've done a bit of digging and it seems it could be a plastic arm that attaches to the actuator that has broken. I've never done any work on a Mercedes before but she;s been quoted 250 euro + to fix it so I'd like to help her if I could.

Anyone know where this part is located. My instinct would be passenger side behind glove box since that's where it was on toyota avensis any good resources?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Xcellor wrote: »
    So I posted a message a week or so back about blower on toyota avensis. I got that fixed and it's working grand now. One of my friends is having a similar issue with her Mercedes E class 2004. Though it sounds like the blower is working fine but the actuator that controls where the air flow goes is the problem.

Basically when air is directed to the windscreen it is not channeling there. I've done a bit of digging and it seems it could be a plastic arm that attaches to the actuator that has broken. I've never done any work on a Mercedes before but she;s been quoted 250 euro + to fix it so I'd like to help her if I could.

Anyone know where this part is located. My instinct would be passenger side behind glove box since that's where it was on toyota avensis any good resources?

If you ask here http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/ you should get some useful information.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭blackbox

I've a colleague at work who tackled this job on a C-Class.

Not for the faint-hearted - He had to take out the whole dashboard and replace servo motors.

Considering his story, €250 doesn't sound too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

blackbox wrote: »
    I've a colleague at work who tackled this job on a C-Class.

Not for the faint-hearted - He had to take out the whole dashboard and replace servo motors.

Considering his story, €250 doesn't sound too bad.

Well I'll probably take off glove box and see if I can locate what I'm looking for. If I can't then that's it... I dont mind messing up my own car but not someone elses!

Advertisement