Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi ASX, 2013, 1.8 diesel, 39k km

Options
  • 03-03-2016 12:36pm

Was looking for a family saloon really, did the whole Passat/Jetta/Mazda6/Skoda Superb rounds and still can't find anything that really grabbed us, or we'd hear bad experiences people had. So the thought of a good warranty appeals, don't want to pour money into something and plan on getting a few years out of it. So was looking at Mitsubishi Lancers, and then spotted an ASX. Would suit as have a baby, seems to look pretty nice even if the inside is pretty basic.

Anyone have any experiences, good or bad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You should consider widening your search to hatchbacks in the golf/focus/civic class as the asx isn't as big inside as the cars you listed.
    The asx is a funny one. The engine is class, the rest is from 20 years ago. Far better options out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,657 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

If you like the ASX then go for it. Just test drive it first to see if you like it and if it has enough room. If not you could always look at a Kia Sportage. It should have a few years warranty still left too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Drove a new one today at local Mitsubishi dealer (who is taking my old car and servicing and putting new tyres on the ASX) and decided to go for it. Not on the basis of the drive, as appreciate that would be foolish when the one I'm getting is 3 years old and with less spec. But on the basis that the wife loved the look of it (;)), the boot is bid enough for the baby buggy, and with a dealer nearby and the warranty still intact, did the deal, subject to having a mechanic look at it before my dealer picks it up. It's 5k cheaper than other ASXs a year newer, and with baby in mind guess it's time to let the dream of a Honda Accord go...we'd have to go a year or 2 older or a lot more miles on clock for an Accord in that price bracket, no warranty, no local dealer etc. etc.

I'm getting old and boring...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Out of interest is it a dealer in terenure?

Hi BA.

Just to confirm that it was a dealer in Terenure, Bill Sheehan. I was going through a local Mitsubishi dealer here in Kerry (as he would be standing over the warranty etc.). Had a friend of a friend, a mechanic, check it out, and he said all good, and my dealer said that Bill Sheehan and his son have been around a long time and have a good reputation. So went ahead and did the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Hi BA.

Just to confirm that it was a dealer in Terenure, Bill Sheehan. I was going through a local Mitsubishi dealer here in Kerry (as he would be standing over the warranty etc.). Had a friend of a friend, a mechanic, check it out, and he said all good, and my dealer said that Bill Sheehan and his son have been around a long time and have a good reputation. So went ahead and did the deal.
    Yep they're a very reputable garage alright. I often take a walk arund their yard in the evening when I'm out for air. They used to own the Seat dealership in Terenure but moved to the old Rathdown motors site about 3 years ago and took on the Mitsubishi franchise. They have a large amount of repeat custom to be honest and they've a nice yard.

Advertisement