Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SmugMug/ Loxley Printing

Options
  • 02-03-2016 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi Folks. I haven't done much in the way of printing, but when looking for a good website hosting service lately I decided to try Smugmug, at least in part because they have a link with Loxley Colour, and if I wanted to attempt to sell prints then the work on my end would be minimal as Smugmug/ Loxley would take care of all that.

I have a calibrated screen, and I have Loxley's FujiDP2 Colour profile. The jpegs that i have uploaded to Smugmug seem fine to me, and look good onscreen when soft proofed.

I ordered some test prints- they were darker than expected so i have adjust monitor brightness slightly to help with that, but by far a bigger issue is that the greens seem a bit desaturated, and the reds seem much stronger than they look on the soft proofed version.

Anyone have any advice or experience dealing with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Is the soft proofing done through smugmug or Loxley ? do Loxley supply ICC profiles ?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

Loxley and Smugmug have a deal, so if someone orders off my Smugmug site Loxley do the printing. I have their ICC profile.

I think I might have worked out the issue. loxley say on their own website Colour Management section that when ordering test prints not to select Colour Correction as it will render any screen to print comparison null and void. I did. I'll try again without it.

Advertisement