Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water/space heater question

Options
  • 02-03-2016 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm relatively a new to campervan owner so forgive me if this has been covered before;
    My camper has 2 calor gas bottles, the yellow ones, a duty and a stand-by, only one of which is connected at a time. The bottle I had been using and that had been connected since I bought the camper ran out so i purchased a replacement at our local heat-merchants.
    On this new bottle the gas rings work fine but the water/space heater won't fire up at all. When I connect the other bottle that came in the camper the heater works fine. Are there different ratings of gas bottles that I should be looking out for? or have any of ye came across anything similar before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

As far as I know all yellow Calor butane bottles are the same in relation to their contents, pressure etc. It's very unusual that one appliance would not work but another will. Was the empty bottle a Calor gas bottle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Butane pressure falls with temperature, under 10 degrees you'll have problems. If the new bottle was in the cold prior to connecting the pressure could be too low for the heater. The hob may work but it would be burning badly. Store the bottle in the house / garage until it warms up and try again.

propane-butane-mix-vapor-pressure-diagram-pa.png

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

The 2 bottles I have sit side-by-side in their own compartment outside the camper and have done since Friday last so I'd imagine they're at the same temp by now but the issue persists,

Advertisement