Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book recommendation for Android dev

Options
  • 02-03-2016 4:36pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Looks like I'll be moving onto Android development for a while in work in a few months and want to start learning a bit on my own in the meantime. Any recommendations for a decent book (I'm coming from 5 years mainly C++ background)?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hey guys,

Looks like I'll be moving onto Android development for a while in work in a few months and want to start learning a bit on my own in the meantime. Any recommendations for a decent book (I'm coming from 5 years mainly C++ background)?

Cheers

Not a book but try starting with this free Udacity course - https://www.udacity.com/course/developing-android-apps--ud853

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It's hard to beat the official Google android resources. If you really want a book then Mark Murphy's Commonsware is a good book to subscribe to. He keeps it up to date and is easy to dive into when you are looking for info on something. Anything you buy off the shelf will be out of date in a few months so probably not worth the money.

Advertisement