Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

renault traffic

Options
  • 02-03-2016 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi all
    thinking of buying a secondhand traffic, vivaro, or primstar 05 to 07 any body know if these are good reliable vans or should i look at something different only using for light work as a painter no heavy loads
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Gearboxes are very soft on them depending on the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭8119tm

bazz26 wrote: »

Thanks any more details on (soft) and what to look for
    years to be aware of
    Really not into cars and engine at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

Toyota hi ace would be much more reliable. Might not be as modern looking but definitely better van

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

bazz26 wrote: »

Concur ref gear boxes, lost 2 on an older traffic,auto,one in the middle of Romania,and the second hand one replacement 6 months later,so unless we were unlucky,ID say gearboxes were butter soft,high mileage on original one

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

I have an 05 with 183000 km on it. I'd recommend it, just be aware that you might need to get the gearbox overhauled at some stage. I got mine done at a cost of about €1100 if i remember correctly. That included a new clutch. It was still running fine, but getting noisy in second gear. Decided to do it on my schedule rather than have it pack in on me.

Have had to replace the starter in it and the alternator also. Other than that just the usual consumables.

It does about 1100 km to a tank of diesel, so not too bad to run.

• Advertisement
Advertisement