Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 6 Spare Wheel

Options
  • 02-03-2016 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Anyone know if the wheel well in a new Mazda will take a full size alloy wheel? Cars come with only a can of gunk which I don't trust. Looking at getting a full sized spare but don't know if it will fill the well.

Space saver direct from Mazda is 550e

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

PN14 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the wheel well in a new Mazda will take a full size alloy wheel? Cars come with only a can of gunk which I don't trust. Looking at getting a full sized spare but don't know if it will fill the well.

It almost fits. Had a couple of dealer fit spares put in to new 6's and it leaves the boot floor about an inch higher than it should be.

Not the neatest job but not terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PN14

Thanks ROR your a mine of information.

Wouldn't mind the height difference on the booth floor as long as it fits in the well. Doing way too much mileage to be relying on a can of spay to get me home:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Thanks ROR your a mine of information.

Wouldn't mind the height difference on the booth floor as long as it fits in the well. Doing way too much mileage to be relying on a can of spay to get me home:rolleyes:

Flats can be a nightmare in those, especially platinum models as those tyres are an unusual size so a lot of places don't keep them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

Got a space saver for my Honda insight on eBay delivered for e 86,so presume u can too

Advertisement