Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Baseball Leagues looking for players

Options
  • 02-03-2016 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

That time of year again when the father of all fantasy sports starts up again: Fantasy Major League Baseball

Forget the childs-play of FPL with setting a lineup once or twice a week and every team having the same players! :p

In the MLB season there are 30 teams each playing 162 regular season games between April and October. So you're setting your lineup every single day and competing head-to-head over a week in up to 12 different scoring categories. Players in a league can only be selected by a single team, so season starts with a draft and every player is picked in turn. There's literally 1,000's of players so there's always pickups to be made during the week or trades between teams.

For anybody who's game, there's a thread over on the Baseball forum for the regular keeper league:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056461371&page=35

Basically in this league there are 10 teams since 2011 that have been playing each year. And every season you can 'keep' up to 6 players and draft for the rest of your roster. It's a competitive league with good participation throughout the season (no dead teams) but this season there's a spot open as we only have 9 of the 10 managers returning for this the 6th season of the league. If you're interested let us know in the thread.

Alternatively for a fresh start there is a non-keeper league which is recruiting:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057149127&page=9

Similar format though likely fewer scoring categories so it's a bit more straight forward and all players are going to be drafted.

You don't have to be an expert (none of us really are), you don't have to know the players or teams (plenty of online cheat sheets for draft orders) and you don't even have to watch the games!

Would love to see more participants for this season, especially from the Fantasy Sports forum!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Best of luck! Don't think it's for me though unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I love baseball but would have to lose my job to devote the time to this, often thought about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I love baseball but would have to lose my job to devote the time to this, often thought about it.

It's really not that bad. You really come up with a strategy for the week like FPL, teams generally play 2 series each week: e.g. if you're the Yankees maybe you play 3 games at home against the Chicago White Sox Mon-Wed then play 3 or 4 away games Thu-Sun in Boston v Red Sox

I probably made it sound like a lot more work than it is! You play 2 teams a week and lineups don't change often. We've also run weekly leagues on boards too - set lineups once a week

Advertisement