Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW E46 320ci Auto Gearbox

Options
  • 02-03-2016 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi All,

Unfortunately my beloved cabrio packed up on me last week.

At the moment trying to source an Auto box and Torque Converter.

Would anyone know, if an Auto box from a 5 series 2.2 would fit?

My mechanic sent me some part numbers from my own box;

Thanks,
    Daz

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I use http://realoem.com to figure out part numbers.

It seems you car has the A5S325Z Autobox, part number 24001423929 which is shared with e39 5 series up to 2003 from what it says on that site. You're better off putting the VIN in on your car and making sure that those details line up.

But 24001423928, is very close to 1423928 that your mechanic gave, I'd wonder if there was slight variations in part numbers, or simply a typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DAZP93

Thanks For your help! Your dead right - The box from a 5 is exactly the same as the 3. Fingers crossed for me !

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not DIY effort, moved out from DIY forum.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

DAZP93 wrote: »
    Thanks For your help! Your dead right - The box from a 5 is exactly the same as the 3. Fingers crossed for me !

Be sure to check and double check everything before buying a used 5 series box.

Advertisement