Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RDS Classic Car Show March 5 & 6

Options
  • 02-03-2016 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

This is on this weekend

http://classiccarshow.ie/

I have no connection with this event; There is brief mentions in the Shows/Events thread, I would have thought there would be a dedicated thread on here about this. (mods – please delete if this is not appropriate)

Subject to permission from Mrs S-Line and S-line Jnr I should be attending

The ‘father and son’ angle of the radio ad is a little annoying.

I attended in 2014 – I enjoyed it

The whole French theme – Panhard, Talbot Simca etc... I wonder in at the equivalent show in 50 years time will we be fondly reminiscing about faulty Renault key cards and Citroen Cactus bubble wrap body mouldings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

The radio ad also mentions that on Sunday (i.e. Mothers Day) there is 'free admission' for mothers ....'subject to them holding hands with a fee-paying entrant'! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

332rypt.jpg AXA Classic Show
    205z38z.jpgPanhard CD
    2iu9wti.jpg Panhard CD
    This very rare Panhard CD is coming in from Paris, one of only 150 built.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Silvera wrote: »
    The radio ad also mentions that on Sunday (i.e. Mothers Day) there is 'free admission' for mothers ....'subject to them holding hands with a fee-paying entrant'! :D

"Hey honey..this is what the kids got you for mothers day..nothing to do with me.."....:eek:...picks breakfast off the wall....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I got tickets for Saturday. I surely won't be there Sunday. Verboten or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

I got tickets for Saturday. I surely won't be there Sunday. Verboten or whatever.

I'd gladly take them off your hands!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Will be going in around lunchtime myself. Tomorrow of the cards for me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Was at the show yeasterday. Enjoyable enough few hours. It's only ever going to be so big in the rds but there were some nice displays and effort put in to show the french cars. Still would have liked to see a bit more, there are more peugoets renaults and citroens that could have been crammed in I think.

Plenty of places to have a coffee or a beer. Parking worked fairly well. Having the interviews is always good to allow you to sit for a while. Of particular interest were the panhards and chapron citroen ds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭goochy

Went to classic show in London 2 wks ago was really tired from all walking. But you paid 25 sterling to see mostly trade stands ! I enjoyed it but it was a rip off !
    With irish shows you always feel they could have shown more. There's plenty of interesting cars out there but they dont seem to turn up at these shows

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I don't really blame people for not bringing more desirable classics to shows, people spend more time questioning the authenticity than admiring them or pointing out defects in a restoration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I don't really blame people for not bringing more desirable classics to shows, people spend more time questioning the authenticity than admiring them or pointing out defects in a restoration.

The problem with shows is people who paw cars despite notices not to touch, and buckles etc brushing against the car.

There were some great cars, but I'm a little underwhelmed. Not High Energy, Low Energy, to use a meme from another place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Attended the show yesterday. A nice if not overwhelming selection of cars. Very big crowd there. All in all an enjoyable few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭w124man

I think you have to be invited to this one!! The MB stand was only allowed three cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

w124man wrote: »
    I think you have to be invited to this one!! The MB stand was only allowed three cars.

Clubs had to submit an application to the RIAC for a stand at the show. Most stands were 8m x 6m or at least the same area. You could put what you wanted in it, 4 cars would be max in that space.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

I agree it is by invite only and when you submit details they also want to know what you will have on show. As they will reject anything from previous years or duplicates. This is try and keep it different at each show.
    I will try get a link to images up during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

The Lancia Beta.
    That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

WHERE IS IT? I have just being watching Chasing Classic Cars. It had a 1946 VW Beatle for auction, with a reserve of $ 75K - $ 125K. The top bid was $ 50K. However it was sold to an Irish buyer for excess of the top bid. Does anyone know where it is or has anyone seen it?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

mattroche wrote: »
    WHERE IS IT? I have just being watching Chasing Classic Cars. It had a 1946 VW Beatle for auction, with a reserve of $ 75K - $ 125K. The top bid was $ 50K. However it was sold to an Irish buyer for excess of the top bid. Does anyone know where it is or has anyone seen it?

Was it this car?

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/22717/lot/270/

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

Tazio, Yes, that is the car. I believe it is Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

I had heard Ireland.. but didn't realise it was in Cork.. will have to keep an eye out!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The Lancia Beta.
    That is all.
    The Montecarlo? That was special.

The TVR Taimar and the DBS were my take-home cars.

• Advertisement

mattroche wrote: »
    Tazio, Yes, that is the car. I believe it is Cork?

Try Waterford!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

A few images ataken over the weekend enjoy
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/jepnews/albums/72157666196611262[/URL]

okistag wrote: »
    A few images ataken over the weekend enjoy
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/jepnews/albums/72157666196611262[/URL]

Great set of pics as usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭goochy

Cheers for pics. Sorry I couldn't make it. Looked much better than 2014

Advertisement