Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth Senior Hurling

Options
  • 01-03-2016 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I'm moving house to Louth and want to play for the wee county

Trying to get in touch with Dee Mc Carthy (Louth County Manager of Seniore Hurling) is like getting through to the pope.

Does anyone have any contact details for this man they could PM me please

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm genuinely curious as to why you feel you could contact the county team manager directly? I'm not asking you to reveal your identity or anything but have you played to a high level elsewhere and would you be known to managers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Is that you Seanie Johnson?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭commonsense.

HanaleiJ5N wrote:
    Don't take this the wrong way but I'm genuinely curious as to why you feel you could contact the county team manager directly? I'm not asking you to reveal your identity or anything but have you played to a high level elsewhere and would you be known to managers?

Played to a high level???? No disrespect intended to any Wee county hurling folk but this is Louth hurling we're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭commonsense.

I'm moving house to Louth and want to play for the wee county

I see from one of your previous posts that you are age 62.
    Don't worry, you'll walk onto the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

Played to a high level???? No disrespect intended to any Wee county hurling folk but this is Louth hurling we're talking about.

"No disrespect" before going on to say something disrespectful.

Sure, they aren't to the same standard as many other counties as they don't have as many clubs and players, but they're no different to any other county in so far as you make the panel by standing out while performing for one of their clubs, and the only way a person will bypass that is if he is not unproven, or an unknown quantity. Thus my question to the OP.

Even at Rackard/Meagher cup level it's a case of "Don't call us, we'll call you".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

I see from one of your previous posts that you are age 62.
    Don't worry, you'll walk onto the team.

A strange one all right, she is also just 23, having registered to vote about six years ago and has a husband just turning 40.

Advertisement