Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus c max problems

Options
  • 01-03-2016 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I bought a 2007 c max in Jan 2015 with a 2 year nct . After 2 months I had to replaced all the tyres. ( I took that one on the chin) . Then 4 months later I went to the garage cos of the constant black fumes. Turns out the epc valve had been fused and replacing may or may not fix the problem . They also. Discovered that the catalytic converter had been removed . That cost me €700. The warranty from the garage had run out and when I approached they essentially told me to get lost - even though I think it's an unauthorised modification . Anyway now the gear box has gone. It actually went in Novemebr ! They have discovered that some sort of mapping computer had also been removed which caused power loss to add to the lovely growling noise from the gear box. I'm trying to locate a gear box but it's a common problem and I think I'm unlikely to find one. Does anyone have any ideas how I may have redress with the garage I bought it from? Any ideas greatly received :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Hennesm wrote: »
    I bought a 2007 c max in Jan 2015 with a 2 year nct . After 2 months I had to replaced all the tyres. ( I took that one on the chin) . Then 4 months later I went to the garage cos of the constant black fumes. Turns out the epc valve had been fused and replacing may or may not fix the problem . They also. Discovered that the catalytic converter had been removed . That cost me €700. The warranty from the garage had run out and when I approached they essentially told me to get lost - even though I think it's an unauthorised modification . Anyway now the gear box has gone. It actually went in Novemebr ! They have discovered that some sort of mapping computer had also been removed which caused power loss to add to the lovely growling noise from the gear box. I'm trying to locate a gear box but it's a common problem and I think I'm unlikely to find one. Does anyone have any ideas how I may have redress with the garage I bought it from? Any ideas greatly received :(
    It seems to be a surprise that you had to replace the tyres. Whatever about everything else you say, this issue would have been staring you in the face and as such I can only assume that you didn't carry out any kind of inspection on the car.
    Secondly, did you do any kind of background check on the car?
    I've a feeling its one of these cars where the service history went missing and the mileage clock went backwards when it was being valeted.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

mickdw wrote: »
    It seems to be a surprise that you had to replace the tyres. Whatever about everything else you say, this issue would have been staring you in the face and as such I can only assume that you didn't carry out any kind of inspection on the car.
    Secondly, did you do any kind of background check on the car?
    I've a feeling its one of these cars where the service history went missing and the mileage clock went backwards when it was being valeted.
    We did an inspection and cartell check . Everything seemed OK - one of the tyres essentially blew out whilst in a trip to the uk - we are advised to replace the rest and took the precautionry measure as we were so far from home and were a little shaken . Inspection at time of purchase they seemed OK and had literally just passed the next that week .the rest of the problems were not visible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

What engine is in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

I.6 diesel automatic

Advertisement