Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

double buggy

Options
  • 01-03-2016 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

Hi guys just looking for advice on a double buggy for a newborn and a one year old.

I would rather a four wheeler than a three wheeler so have been looking at a Phil and Ted's promenade and an Apple to pear I candy .Anyone have any experience with them?
    Or any suggestions?

There's so much variety out there and I'm completely lost.

Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I like the city select baby jogger as it goes back to a single, but is long with the pram and seat both in.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We're Uppababy Vista users.

The 2015 version is good for 2, the toddler seat is a lot more versatile. I will warn you though, it's got quite a wide wheelbase.

If you could, the 2014 version is also good (and a bit narrower), but the toddler seat is quite rigid and can only face one way. But the 2014 version is more available second hand.

You can't use a pram basket and toddler seat together on either version. But you can get a newborn insert for the main seat, and put the newborn in it. Or in the car seat, if you prefer.

Ours will be 21 months when no.2 is born (due shortly) and tbh, the way she's going, I don't think we'll need the second seat for a whole lot longer - she wants to walk all the time. Bear that in mind when you're choosing too.

As a buggy, I love it - it's a bit big but it's great for any ground, it's high up, the basket is huge and the whole thing is just lovely to steer. I know it's too big for some people but we are out and about in all sorts of terrain and it works great for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

We have the baby jogger city mini side by side and I find it lovely and light, can be steered with one hand and easy to get up and down from kerbs. You'd need the space for it though, it's a bit cumbersome to be folding and unfolding every time you leave the leave the house. I tried the Phil and Teds but found it very heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭padjo5

My wife convinced me that Bugaboo Donkey was the way to go. Big cost but no regrets. Plus, strong resale value when we are eventually finished with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

padjo5 wrote: »
    My wife convinced me that Bugaboo Donkey was the way to go. Big cost but no regrets. Plus, strong resale value when we are eventually finished with it!

+1 worth every penny to us. Probably one of very few items I wouldn't be without. I love ours and use it every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I bought an Uppababy Vista. Only have the one baby so far, and they're only a week old so have only been out with it a handful of times but it's a lovely buggy to use (although it is quite big). One of the reasons we chose this was it can be converted to a double if that's necessary in the future so we won't need to change buggy. There is a huge selection out there and it took a while to pick but this one seemed to tick most of our boxes although everyone's needs are different so what suits one person may not suit another.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Lashes my friend had baby number 2 recently. There is a 2 year gap between her children. She bought a second hand "oyster max". Her 2 year old is very tall and I have to say he looks comfortable in seat.

Another one of my friends had baby jogger city select. She has a 2 year gap. I think it looks awfully big.
    the oyster max looks neater to me tbh.

I would get a side by side one if it were me. My sister is looking at the donkey at the moment. I always think kids look the most comfortable in a side by side ;) you could sell it on and get 70% of your money back at least.

A girl in work had a mountain buggy duet, it is side by side but apparently no bigger than a single buggy. ;) she bought it on adverts and then sold it again on adverts for the same price as what She had paid for it! She has a 2 year gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Yes the baby jogger city mini double is the same width as a standard wheelchair and the mountain duet is around 12cm narrower than that. Ironically, the only place I had trouble getting my double into was my phns office, it just wouldn't fit in the doorway :rolleyes: My 2 year old is a big child and still fits comfortably in the double and it's great because himself and his sister can lean across and talk to each other/pass toys/steal food :D

Advertisement