Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacement Log Book

Options
  • 01-03-2016 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭

Ordered a replacement log book today through the tax office...

2 questions:

Should I have got a receipt of postage from them?
    How long does it normally take to process this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You wouldn't get a receipt of postage from them as they won't be posting it, you should get a receipt though with the reg number of your car and the total taken for the replacement,
    The replacement will be posted from Shannon and normally takes about a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You wouldn't get a receipt of postage from them as they won't be posting it, you should get a receipt though with the reg number of your car and the total taken for the replacement,
    The replacement will be posted from Shannon and normally takes about a week.

Thanks,

I included a postal order with it as I was told to put it in the post box while I was in there, so no receipt was given... Would it worth my while to go back in and ask for a receipt or would it be a waste of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

a postal order? do they even accept those!
    edit. website says that do. I don't know if they'll send yiuna receipt separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

colm_mcm wrote: »
    a postal order? do they even accept those!
    edit. website says that do. I don't know if they'll send yiuna receipt separately.

Feck I'll just wait so to get the logbook! Yeah went with the PO, I honestly didn't know how else to pay it!

Advertisement