Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quilt Restoration

Options
  • 01-03-2016 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

I have a large quilt that recently got ripped by our dog. This was a wedding present that we've had for years. I was wondering if there's anyone out there who can repair or restore quilts. I've googled around but can't seem to find anyone in the Dublin area that can restore quilts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,293 ✭✭✭✭looksee

How is it damaged? You are not likely to find anyone who specifically repairs quilts, and how it is restored depends on how damaged it is. One of the problems is finding matching suitable fabric to mend it. Could you put up a pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Millypenny

Contact the Eastern Branch of the Irish Patchwork Society http://www.easternbranch-ips.com/
    They might be able to put you in touch with someone who can repair your quilt.

The Eastern Branch are having their monthly meeting on the 26th March, so I'm sure if you went along with the quilt top, you'd get plenty of helpful advise on how to repair it.

Advertisement