Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying A Car: Who Did You Bring?

Options
  • 01-03-2016 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

I've been asked a number of times by colleagues and friends to accompany them buying cars. I'm curious, if anyone has bought a car recently and doesn't really know cars, who did you bring with you? And if you did bring someone with you, who and what was their level of expertise? I'm also interested if you paid someone to come along like the AA or similar.

Mods: This probably sounds like a commercial survey but I'm just genuinely curious! Remove if inappropriate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,049 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Depends really. For the past 15 years or so I have always bought privately (so no come back) and sometimes I just bought myself (although I have very limited mechanical knowledge, but I do usually do some research)

On other occasions I have requested the seller to meet at a friendly (to me) garage, who would give the car a look over, have it on the bridge, etc. I've never been charged for this, but if the car needs work and I decide to buy it, the friendly garage obviously get my business

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭corks finest

ironclaw wrote: »
    I've been asked a number of times by colleagues and friends to accompany them buying cars. I'm curious, if anyone has bought a car recently and doesn't really know cars, who did you bring with you? And if you did bring someone with you, who and what was their level of expertise? I'm also interested if you paid someone to come along like the AA or similar.

Mods: This probably sounds like a commercial survey but I'm just genuinely curious! Remove if inappropriate.
    Mother in law

Advertisement