Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Transit 260 2005!

Options
  • 01-03-2016 1:28am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭

2005 transit 260 2litre 120k miles. Looking at this on gumtree seeing as I need an upgrade. Looks tidy enough and just what I need. Been driving a connect which I quite like but there just isn't enough room for my tools in it so have to upgrade. Can anyone tell me is the transit I mention at start, is it front wheel drive or back and what they like on the juice. Someone mentioned to stay away from a certian year of transit because of a chain in the engine snapping or something along them lines. Any other pros and cons about this model.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭shugy

Another question, how much vrt would it be for this van. I checked the vrt site and it's not giving me an option!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Gumtree is enough for me to steer well clear. Worse than DD.

Gumtree is enough for me to steer well clear. Worse than DD.

Why? I know people who've bought decent vans/cars on there and done deal. Even my own wee connect was bought on DD and it's done me well. I can't see your logic

shugy wrote: »
    2005 transit 260 2litre 120k miles. Looking at this on gumtree seeing as I need an upgrade. Looks tidy enough and just what I need. Been driving a connect which I quite like but there just isn't enough room for my tools in it so have to upgrade. Can anyone tell me is the transit I mention at start, is it front wheel drive or back and what they like on the juice. Someone mentioned to stay away from a certian year of transit because of a chain in the engine snapping or something along them lines. Any other pros and cons about this model.

Anyone?

Advertisement