Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for club classic

Options
  • 01-03-2016 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm in the process of helping to organise a classic for Easter Monday, this will be the 4th year it's been run. There was a big decline in numbers last year and since I'm the only one in the camogie club that plays golf they wanted my opinion on how to get more teams involved.
    Up to this it has just been a 4 man team with 2 scores to count. I'm thinking about maybe going with a champagne scramble format to give the usually classic golfers a chance!
    Any other ideas on formats or how to attract more golfers?

If any of ye are available Easter Monday Birr is a lovely course in great condition considering the lovely Irish weather we've had of late :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Not necessarily an idea to attract more but a good idea to make more money.
    Sell 3 mulligans to people at the start (say 5 or 10 euro)
    They can be used at any time.
    Makes things interesting and makes some money too

Advertisement