Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open Masters

Options
  • 29-02-2016 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

any boardsies going to Limerick on Saturday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Freddio

Highlight of the Irish pool calendar for us aul lads, of course !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Goodluck at weekend lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭2old4dacold

Freddio wrote: »
    Highlight of the Irish pool calendar for us aul lads, of course !

I'll be the lad that looks like this :eek:
    Never been in a 50m pool before :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Down for the 100m and 400m free- first time ever in a gala:eek: Should be a good learning experience. Haven't been swimming as much as I'd like recently, but the aim is a <1:15 100 and <5:45 400. I'm not super confident at all I'll hit 'em, but thats what a test is all about!:D

Galas are brilliant, if you do as well as you hoped, you can modestly say 'they were alright times' and if you didn't do as good as you hoped you will have a list of excuses the length of your arm; but ultimately you will resolve to train harder for the next gala.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Very well organised event. Donncha O'Siadhall is a machine. Rachel Lee too, an amazing 800m from her.

Personally it was a learning experience, not used to 50m pools I was 1:19 after 100m for my 400m and then died, coming a paltry 6:20. Determined to make amends in my 100 but alas it was more of the same, I started well but died over the final 30m to come home in 1:15. Still thats as fast as I've done 100m SC before, so a small token. More work to be done! Well done all swimmers of all ages.

Same here Kurt, a disastrous 400. Found it very hard to pace first time in 50m pool. 6:26 meh.

Happier with my 2:51 in the 200 and 1:13 in the 100, but finished on a bum note by making a hash of the 50m start, and failing to break 32.

Donnacha O'Siadhaill is an animal. It's a different league altogether there in Limerick compared to the couple of Masters galas I did previously.

But overall, a very enjoyable day. Some really inspiring swimmers, doing incredible times

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Don't be so hard on yourselfs. Donncha is a seasoned competitive swimmer as is Freddio ^^ and Rachel. You both did very well. At least you gave it a go unlike me...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Was there yesterday.
    First timer in the 50m pool.

Really enjoyed it, great event and will be back next year.

I have been out of swimming a few years so my times were poor but so what, the day was good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭CarrieDzzz

It was a great weekend, still feeling the affects of it. Anyone goin to Ulster?

• Advertisement

thinking about it, but it's a 3 hour drive ....

In for a penny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Was a fun gala, but very early start which had me feeling drained within the first 50m of my event, which is bad considering it was the 200m IM. Thankfully I got a good sleep on the side of the deck before my next race.

Its one of the best things about that pool, you'll see a number of us just lying down napping.

Roll on the european masters in london :D

Advertisement