Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What mma gear does everyone use?

Options
  • 29-02-2016 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Just wondering what brands do you find best? Is there a huge difference between one set of gloves and another for example? Or other gear too.

I've used the official UFC gloves myself and find them alright but not sure of the quality compared to other brands.

It probably comes down to personal preference but what brand do you use and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,188 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The UFC gloves that the fighters use would be good quality. The ones that they sell at events are only useful for getting signed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I've always just ended up using whatever was in the shop at the time, but I don't train seriously enough to make it worth spending much money, addidas was there last time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I've gone through a fair share of cheapish gear, I currently have tapout gloves and pads which are grand (I've had them about a year). I mainly use boxing gloves for muay thai/kickboxing/boxing though and no gloves for grappling so it's only mma sparring that the gloves are used for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Fight rite 14oz gloves and badboy 7oz mma gloves, do the job for me

Advertisement