Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using Cyanogenmod 13

Options
  • 29-02-2016 4:37pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,906 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone got this installed on their phone, and what they think of it?

I'm using a HTC M9 and Android Revolution, but considering trying CM because I want to check out Marshmallow. The only thing is when I go on their website, I can't find a snapshot build for the M9, only nightlies. Is it risky installing a nightly build? I don't want to go to all that hassle, only to have to uninstall it again cos it's riddled with bugs.

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I use cm13 nightlies on another phone, no real issues. Have a read here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/one-m9/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-13-0-nightlies-t3265545

Should give you an idea of how people are finding it.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,906 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks for that, I'll give it a read through :) How often would you update your nightlies?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

Not yet, but I'd like to install it on an old Samsung S2.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Using CM 12.1 on my Note 4 and no issues really. Usually update it once a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

using cm13 on moto g, smooth transaction, no more bloatware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭biebiebie

MarkR wrote: »
    I use cm13 nightlies on another phone, no real issues. Have a read here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/one-m9/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-13-0-nightlies-t3265545

Should give you an idea of how people are finding it.

This. You need to put more importance on the opinions of HTC M9 owners. This is because different devices can and do have different issues with similar builds.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,906 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

biebiebie wrote: »
    This. You need to put more importance on the opinions of HTC M9 owners. This is because different devices can and do have different issues with similar builds.

Yes, having read through that I can see that a lot of M9 owners are having problems with it. I suppose I'm not surprised, seeing as I had heaps of trouble trying to root the thing when I first got it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I am on the Oneplus One CM13 nightlie and I have zero issues. Phone never reboots or any other funny stuff you can get with some custom ROM's.

One issue I did have was when they changed the modem on one of the builds and you needed to be on the newest version of TWRP which I wasn't so I got the dreaded no sim card found and also rebooting every 30 seconds.

But I had no problems with the earlier CM13 nightlies(before the newer modem) and then since I flashed the newest recovery from TWRP.

Advertisement