Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prevention of Friend Requests

Options
  • 29-02-2016 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I do not want anyone to send me facebook requests.

I've gone into Settings, then Privacy and Who can contact me. It only gives me an option of choosing 'Everyone' or 'Friends of Friends'.

Is there a way of preventing all Friend requests?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

No, the whole point of facebook is to add friends.

However, some pointers here http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-All-Friend-Requests-on-Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bside29

biko wrote: »

However, some pointers here http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-All-Friend-Requests-on-Facebook

Exactly. It was created to add friends, why prevent it. You can reject an invitation anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,001 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Thank God I blocked this crap years ago. There's enough spam on this planet

• Registered Users Posts: 25,804 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

biko wrote: »

Not necessarily.

Some people use it just to manage Pages or Groups, not for anything personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

If you only want to use Facebook for admin purposes simply delete all friends. Then set your friends requests to only allow friends of friends. Simples.

If you do want to use Facebook as normal but don't want friends requests, the first link from biko is worth a look but there's really no easy fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 PCGEN

Thanks everyone for the tips. As some of you stated, it was set up to manage a page. Thought I was missing obvious.

Advertisement