Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A day in Paris with Kids - What to do ?

Options
  • 29-02-2016 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭

I will be spending a full day in paris arriving early morning and staying over night before heading to Disneyland.

When we booked it we had the vision of enjoying paris for a day sipping coffee and watching the world go by.

Now the realisation has hit that with a 7 and 3 year old who will be in overdrive with excitement for Disney Paris won't be one bit relaxing.

Has anyone any suggestions for a way to entertain both the adults and kids in Paris for a day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

What day will you be going?

There are great flea markets but one of the best in in the North of the city each Sunday. It has some great restaurants with free cabarets at lunchtime.

A cruise down the Seine is nice, you can get a hop on hop off and see each attraction.

Versailles is great, not sure about two little ones in the Chateau but they gardens are also great.

The Eiffel Tower and Arc De Triomphe are worth seeing and the views great, but get tickets in advance to save queueing.

I love Monmarte, go up in the Funicular, see the Cathederal and views all over the city. Sit in the square eating and drinking and look at all the artists. There is usually lots of street theatre too for the kids.

My favourite thing to do is start at the Arc De Triomphe and just watch the traffic struggle around the roundabout (Metro Stop Etoile) then leisurely walk down the Champs Elysee. I take the left hand side and our first stop is usually the Mercedes shop. They usually have an amazing car on display and lots of models to buy. Then I go to Sephora, a huge beauty shop (men in full make-up, worth a look) and further down is the Disney shop. Have you bought your tickets for the park if not buy them in here before you go. I stop for lunch on the way and continue down and you get to the gardens. Buy an ice cream and sit down in the shade. Then continue down to the palaces.

If shopping is your thing then the train stop before Disney is Marne Le Vallee, a HUGE shopping centre and retail village. All the big designer brands are here. I think it also has an aquarium that seems very popular...this is a great place if its raining and has a great choice of places to eat.

Advertisement