Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer in Nice, France

• 29-02-2016 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,
    I am currently a student studying French in university and am considering moving to Nice for summer 2016 for 3 months to improve my French a bit(really just don't want another summer in Ireland). Honestly, I just have now idea where to start! Would really appreciate any advice with regards to accom, jobs etc. Any one have any previous experiences working in restaurant or something along those lines as hospitality is where I have the most experience? Also, my French is ok, definitely not fluent by any means, but could hold a basic conversation. Will jobs be hard to find if im not fluent?
    Thanks sooo much for any feedback :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shivpepper

Hi Eimear- I have a post about summer jobs in france on my blog nouvelleprof.wordpress.com!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

You can work in plenty of places in Nice without French, the fact that you can speak a bit is a bonus.

Don't apply to Ma Nolan's though. I've eight years experience working in bars around Europe and they by far treat their staff the worst.

Advertisement