Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual Taxsaver Query

Options
  • 29-02-2016 1:07pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I just my personal card from work. Its due to start from tomorrow for a year. Does it need to be activated or something prior to using it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Nope! Just start using it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

If it's the first time you've had the leap card from work then just start using as Careful_Now said, but if you get another taxsaver ticket on it next year, you will need to have it loaded at a Payzone outlet before using.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Cheers, used it this morning without hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Daemonic wrote: »
    If it's the first time you've had the leap card from work then just start using as Careful_Now said, but if you get another taxsaver ticket on it next year, you will need to have it loaded at a Payzone outlet before using.

That depends entirely on the service(s) that the OP got their ticket for - rail tickets, for example, can be collected at the validators, or at least that used to be the case and removing that option would be a massively retrograde step.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Daemonic

cython wrote: »
    That depends entirely on the service(s) that the OP got their ticket for - rail tickets, for example, can be collected at the validators, or at least that used to be the case and removing that option would be a massively retrograde step.
    True, thanks for mentioning that. Dublin Bus is the only one you need to go to a payzone for. It was just to the forefront of my thoughts as I got caught out with it last month :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement