Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car park dent

Options
  • 29-02-2016 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Mrs. had a bit of a tip Saturday, rubbed the car off another car in a car park. Dented the panel above the back wheel and the rear door too on hers. Think his back bumper got scratched or dented I'm not sure as I wasn't there.

Waiting for him to come back with a price from his garage, got a price of 500 off a panel beater I know.

I know a lot depends on what he comes back with but is there a way of calculating how much something like this would affect her no claims bonus / insurance prices going forward.

She had another bump two years ago which is why I am a bit reluctant to go through insurance.

Any advice appreciated.

// Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,185 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The excess will likely be about €300 and she will lose the 2 years she has built up. Hard to know of the cost on his. If it was me I would get new insurance quotes online of what her cover would be for a zero no claims to a 2 years no claims to see what the cost will be claiming. If she had a full no claims I'd pay it myself if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

Ya I'm leaning that way myself, hopefully the guy doesn't come back with some ridiculous price for fixing up his car but we'll wait and see I guess.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi All,

Mrs. had a bit of a tip Saturday, rubbed the car off another car in a car park. Dented the panel above the back wheel and the rear door too on hers. Think his back bumper got scratched or dented I'm not sure as I wasn't there.

Waiting for him to come back with a price from his garage, got a price of 500 off a panel beater I know.

I know a lot depends on what he comes back with but is there a way of calculating how much something like this would affect her no claims bonus / insurance prices going forward.

She had another bump two years ago which is why I am a bit reluctant to go through insurance.

Any advice appreciated.

// Gary

You insurance will go up by how much the claim costs over 2/3 years i.e how many years no claims you lose.

Advertisement