Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 520 (F11) iDrive System

Options
  • 29-02-2016 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi I am in the process of purchasing a second hand 520 SE and the dealer and has called to say that the iDrive screen (upgraded larger version) has failed but that its literally only the screen visuals as in the radio , parking sensors are still audible. His plan is replace the screen (using a spurious part I presume) and have an electro-mechanic fit it rather than taking it to a BMW dealer (which I'm sure is fine). However I am more concerned about this being a more substantial issue...
    So my first question is does anyone know if this a common fault and is it fixable with a replacement screen or is this a sign that there is more significant issues with the iDrive system that I should be more concerned about?
    I understand that to fully replace the system you could be taking up to €2k, so don't want to go down that road in 6 months time.

I am a bit green when it comes to these things and the car is only being sold with a mechanical warranty (not electrical).

Any advice would be gratefully received

Advertisement