Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MK3 Skoda Octavia RS

Options
  • 29-02-2016 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

So im considering looking at one of these. I currently have a 08 DSG Octavia and it has been a noble steed.

I'd be looking to move up to 141 or above so would expect to get a decet chunk of warranty. 2 years if possible

I've been looking around the usual places but DEG seems very hard to come by in these. Is there a reason for that?

So what does one look out when buying ?

I'm open to a 220 petrol or a 184 coal power model.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

They're pretty solid tbh and there's no major worries with them.

Some early ones have a problem with the boot strikers that can cause weird booming noises in the cabin - it's like your ears are constantly popping so worth checking it out as there's a fix available. Some of the earlier diesels had faulty water pumps - realistically will have been fixed by now if it was going to go. Would be leaking prior to going so you'd notice the coolant dropping. There's a boost sensor recall in the UK (possibly here too) which means that at times there can be a slight hesitation when in a high gear at low speed. It's nothing major, just a slight jerk the very odd time. I had it on a Leon with the same engine and it was a quick warranty fix.

There's very few petrol models here, although there's a 141 petrol for sale in Galway for quite a while. Could be worth looking at if you're doing small miles. The diesel isn't bad for what it is, should be good for mid-50s on a long spin. It's nicer than the one in the Mk2 anyway.

You might not get a 2 year warranty on a 2 year old one though, I'd say a main dealer would offer a year at best. You might be able to wrangle an extended warranty into the deal or buy one from them. Keep a look out for ones with a few extras - most are pretty basic bar the black pack or upgraded wheels.

Advertisement