Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Note 3 Mediaserver failed: Camera needs restart

Options
  • 28-02-2016 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone.

I have recently been having problems with my front camera and only the front camera. Not sure when exactly it started happening but I'm guessing it's sometime after I deleted some bloatware that were deemed 'safe' by some online websites. The camera app opens up and I can use the back camera but when I switch to the front camera, the interface becomes very laggy and the screen is just black but it doesn't freeze and when switched to the back camera, it works fine again. When a picture is taken using the front camera, the error 'MediaServer failed: Camera need to restart' comes up.

I was thinking I deleted an app that is somehow used by the 'BeautyFace' because that's the only app that the front is using that the back isn't, right? If that's the case, the next question is what app that is.

Any help and suggestions are very welcome. Thanks a lot. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Just did a factory reset and camera still works the same. Lags with black screen and almost unresponsive buttons until reverted to back camera.

Anyone got ideas? :)

Thinking of installing a stock firmware through ODIN. I'm not a pro in these things so please advise me for/against it if I'm thinking of something that will just not work.

Just a question regarding installing firmware, what details should I consider when looking for the correct firmware? I found two stock Lollipop firmware that I think I can install on my phone as they match my phone's information except for the 'PDA' and CSC codes. Does it matter or can I install either one?

Reinstalled a stock firmware through Odin and it still didn't fix the problem. I am now on Lollipop and the camera is still not working. Could it be a hardware problem?

Advertisement