Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus over charging on leapcard

Options
  • 28-02-2016 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Ok, Im a little confused about this, anytime I get the bus from the city centre to my stop in Coolock it is 1.05, when Im going from Coolock to the city centre it is always 2.05! The stops are opposite so there should be no price difference. Should I mention this to the driver next time I am travelling from Coolock to the city centre? I always get of out side Connolly station.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Are you travelling at different times? There is off-peak rates and on-peak rates. Only thing I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Elemonator wrote: »
    Are you travelling at different times? There is off-peak rates and on-peak rates. Only thing I can think of.

Should be an attachment here

stevek93 wrote: »
    Should be an attachment here

One more

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

You must be hitting daily caps or something.

Amirani wrote: »
    You must be hitting daily caps or something.

Only travel once a day on dublin bus.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭dublinstevie

Your getting the 90min 1euro discount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Your getting the 90min 1euro discount

2:49pm to 6:04pm is a bit of a stretch for 90minutes? although it does look like the obvious explanation, system is allowing all 2nd journeys in a day at the reduced rate??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭dublinstevie

The 604pm journey was on a previous day by looking at credit balance,their was obciously 2 journeys made within 90mins and the 2nd journey being at 604pm

foggy_lad wrote: »
    2:49pm to 6:04pm is a bit of a stretch for 90minutes? although it does look like the obvious explanation, system is allowing all 2nd journeys in a day at the reduced rate??

Sorry they are two different days the date has been cropped out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

There is no 1.05 fare, you're getting a 1 euro discount on the 2.05 fare, are you getting another bus before you get on the Coolock one? If not, they're undercharging you, not overcharging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Ok, Im a little confused about this, anytime I get the bus from the city centre to my stop in Coolock it is 1.05, when Im going from Coolock to the city centre it is always 2.05! The stops are opposite so there should be no price difference. Should I mention this to the driver next time I am travelling from Coolock to the city centre? I always get of out side Connolly station.

The fare is €2.05 - there is no overcharging. You're getting a discount.

Presumably you are getting a train, tram or another bus before you get on the bus to Coolock and using the LEAP card on that.

You get a €1 discount every time you use a second bus or switch between bus, train and tram within 90 minutes of the first trip.

It's the LEAP90 discount.

https://about.leapcard.ie/leap-90

lxflyer wrote: »
    The fare is €2.05 - there is no overcharging. You're getting a discount.

Presumably you are getting a train, tram or another bus before you get on the bus to Coolock and using the LEAP card on that.

You get a €1 discount every time you use a second bus or switch between bus, train and tram within 90 minutes of the first trip.

It's the LEAP90 discount.

https://about.leapcard.ie/leap-90

Never knew that, I do get a train to Connolly then the bus to Coolock.

Never knew that, I do get a train to Connolly then the bus to Coolock.
    The system applies it automatically. Likewise if you board a train going home after the bus (within 90 minutes of the bus trip starting) you will get a €1 discount on that.

So you should continue to ask for the €2.05 fare.

lxflyer wrote: »
    The system applies it automatically. Likewise if you board a train going home after the bus (within 90 minutes of the bus trip starting) you will get a €1 discount on that.

So you should continue to ask for the €2.05 fare.

Was about to ask that, got to love the leapcard, got the bus from Coolock to Artane other day was charged only 50 cent.

Was about to ask that, got to love the leapcard, got the bus from Coolock to Artane other day was charged only 50 cent.

Every time you take a second trip which starts within 90 minutes of the first starting for any of the following combinations you will get a €1 discount off the second fare:

Bus - Bus
    Bus - LUAS & v.v.
    Bus - Train & v.v.
    Train - LUAS & v.v.

It does not apply to LUAS - LUAS and Train - Train fares as they have discounted fares covering combinations of stops/stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I presume the discount is only applied when the epurse has been used for both legs?

Hypothetical...I have an annual bus pass on my leap, I live five minutes walk or one bus stop from Luas or DART. Instead of walking to Luas or DART I jump on bus, use my annual pass and travel one stop then use the epurse and get a discount on Luas...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Collie D wrote: »
    I presume the discount is only applied when the epurse has been used for both legs?

Hypothetical...I have an annual bus pass on my leap, I live five minutes walk or one bus stop from Luas or DART. Instead of walking to Luas or DART I jump on bus, use my annual pass and travel one stop then use the epurse and get a discount on Luas...

Yes only works for journeys paid with travel credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,296 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

So could you get on a bus outside Pearse, pay for a City Centre fare on your Leap (55c?), immediately get off the bus and walk into the train station and get your Dart with a €1 discount, thus being up 45c on the deal?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

So could you get on a bus outside Pearse, pay for a City Centre fare on your Leap (55c?), immediately get off the bus and walk into the train station and get your Dart with a €1 discount, thus being up 45c on the deal?

No, if you pay for city centre fare, the discount will be equal to the price of city centre fare, not €1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

devnull wrote: »
    No, if you pay for city centre fare, the discount will be equal to the price of city centre fare, not €1.

This is incorrect .... the €1 discount still applies. I have pointed out this to the powers that be, but they have not done anything about it .
    Also if you pay a normal 1.50 or 2.05 fare first, then the city centre fare is discounted to zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

The Leap 90 discount is only less than €1 if the second fare is lees than €1, i.e if your second fare is 60c then you get a 60c discount etc.

Advertisement