Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Used Car under finance in Dealership

Options
  • 27-02-2016 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Is it normal for a Car dealer to have used cars still under finance?
    I did history check on a car I'm interested in and it came back as 'Still under finance'.
    Dealer says all their cars are under finance with their 'Finance Partner' and it will be cleared when car is sold.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Normal enough Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,185 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lots of dealers do this. If it's a proper large dealer I would have no problem with this, if it's some lad operating out of his back garden or a portacabin I'd be inclined to part pay with with a cheque made payable for the full finance amount outstanding to finance company as part of the sale.

Advertisement