Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powermax Complete Powerdown

Options
  • 27-02-2016 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Searched for this but could only find recommendations regarding powering down a Powermax Complete but I was wondering about what's involved with the power down and then power up of this system.

I've put a new SIM card into the alarm and am getting a "GSM Module - GSM Network Failure" since doing this and found posts with the same issue with the advice to power down the system to let the SIM card work (though this is the third time I've put a new SIM in and never had this problem before - the new SIM has credit and works perfectly in a phone right beside the location of the alarm unit).

In terms of powering down the system - do I simply put it into installer mode, then plug it out, then open it and disconnect the battery? Then to power up again just do the reverse?

Will I have to reinstall all of the sensors, re-enter all of the phones numbers to contact when the alarm goes off, choose the alarm delay etc. or will these be maintained as long as it's not without power for too long?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As long as you don't change any of the links on DEF pins at the rear of the panel then power down and power up as you described. No reprogramming will be required.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Educate

Thanks for that info KoolKid, much appreciated - I will no doubt use your advice sometime in the future when I'm not being an eejit... I realised after reading your message that I had forgotten to remove the requirement to enter the PIN number from the new SIM so when I did that it all worked 100% again without needing the power down! Rookie mistake!

Advertisement