Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Science, UCD or Trinity

Options
  • 27-02-2016 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I want to study computer science in Dublin, which is better UCD or Trinity?
    I will be starting in an undergraduate course in September 2016 and am hoping to do a joint or follow up masters, which university will be best. I prefer UCD campus but Trinity course structure. I am aiming for 515 points in the Leaving Cert.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ScoobyTales

Why not Computer Applications in DCU? You're asking in a forum for TCD, so you're bound to be told that TCD is the best option. I'm CS here, but have very little experience with whats going on in UCD. We tend to do a lot more low level work, showing what's really going on under the hood. UCD do some WebDev, an area where we intentionally don't touch here at all. You're expected to lean all of that stuff yourself.
    CS here is more intense than the other colleges and the dropouts are quite high, but you should come out with a solid knowledge of important aspects you don't get thought elsewhere.
    Also, don't be thinking of doing a PG already. You most likely don't have much experience yet and it isn't as beneficial as it would be in other courses, such as Engineering.
    Either way, you'll be good. Naturally I'd recommend here though

Advertisement