Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Centre to Kill of the Grange

Options
  • 26-02-2016 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Can someone tell me what's the best way to travel to Kill of the Grange in County Dublin from Dublin City Centre by public transport, I've been looking online and it looks really complicated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Where are you going to? The 46A bus goes down Kill Lane and is very frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Straight to O Connell street left hand side facing the river liffey you will see the bus stops look for the one that says 46A and wait there . The driver will help you when you board

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

bpoleary wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what's the best way to travel to Kill of the Grange in County Dublin from Dublin City Centre by public transport, I've been looking online and it looks really complicated?

The 46A is probably the best service in the country, not at all complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

dev100 wrote: »
    Straight to O Connell street left hand side facing the river liffey you will see the bus stops look for the one that says 46A and wait there . The driver will help you when you board

Thanks it's Dean's Grange Road, Kill of the Grange that I'm going to

Where are you going to? The 46A bus goes down Kill Lane and is very frequent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,334 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

bpoleary wrote: »

That sounds like the crossroads commonly known as Deansgrange Cross. It's the intersection of Kill Lane, Clonkeen Road and Deansgrange Road. The Grange pub, Bank of Ireland, LIDL and Deansgrange Library are at that junction.

Either way, the 46A is the bus that you want from the city centre, it goes out the N11 via Donnybrook, turns left at Foxrock Church, down the hill to Deansgrange Cross, up the hill to Bakers Corner, down the hill to the Glenageary Road roundabout and straight ahead to Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It's a 20 min cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Depending on where on Deansgrange Road then the 4 may be a better option. Parts of Deansgrange Road are nearly a mile from the crossroads

Thanks very much, I've been there now on the 46A bus from O' Connell Street and it got me to my destination in good time!

coylemj wrote: »
    That sounds like the crossroads commonly known as Deansgrange Cross. It's the intersection of Kill Lane, Clonkeen Road and Deansgrange Road. The Grange pub, Bank of Ireland, LIDL and Deansgrange Library are at that junction.

Either way, the 46A is the bus that you want from the city centre, it goes out the N11 via Donnybrook, turns left at Foxrock Church, down the hill to Deansgrange Cross, up the hill to Bakers Corner, down the hill to the Glenageary Road roundabout and straight ahead to Dun Laoghaire.

Thanks I've been there now on the 46A from O' Connell Street and it got me to my destination in good time, thanks for the help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement