Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Picture of reg

Options
  • 26-02-2016 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

So earlier today I was pulling out of a petrol station, there was one car waiting to enter the station so slowly pulled out until I could see if there was anything coming, couldn't see anything so gave another quick look in the other direction which was all clear and pulled out.

Next thing I know there's a woman who has come from behind and pulled out beside me giving me dirty looks. Now I very well could have done something or not seen her coming, there's a roundabout not far away in the direction she came from so it's possible that by looking back in the other direction I'd have missed her coming towards me, I do think she would have to be going quite fast for that to happen though. Well anyway she followed me about a km and a half and right up the backside of my car, I went through an amber light as it would have been unsafe to stop and she was going through as it would have turned red. I kept checking my rear view as there is no where to pull over on this road util you reach the tesco up the road.

she had her phone and was taking pictures of my reg, I indicated to pull over and gestured for her to follow but she didn't and turned back in the direction we came from at the next roundabout. I'm worried about this as I'm unsure of exactly what happened and also that she didn't stop and now has photos of my reg?
    Anyone have any idea what she could do here?
    (Sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

Don't get the significance of photographing your reg. Is this different to writing it down?

Forget about it. Road rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

If she was using (even holding) her mobile while driving she won't be going too far with any "evidence" she has gathered, especially as there isn't any Collision for her to report.

Forget about this and move on. There will always be idiots who think they have witnesssed 'careless driving', etc and then do something far more dangerous themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

if you get a call from the guards say you were trying to get away from the maniac tailgating you while using her phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭silverbella

cml387 wrote: »
    Don't get the significance of photographing your reg. Is this different to writing it down?

Forget about it. Road rage.

Really the only significance was that I actually saw her take the picture and she was on her phone while driving to do it!

I think I will just forget it though! It's just annoying that she followed me so far and made it so obvious she was doing it to them not pull over when I gestured to her :rolleyes: then herself being the perfect driver 'forgot to stop at the lights and used her phone for the greater good :D

Advertisement