Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Go Safe

Options
  • 26-02-2016 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi all,
    The last few weeks/couple of months I've seen NO Go Safe vans! I do a fair bit of driving per week also. Any ideas or just me missing them!?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They haven't gone away unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭friedcircuits

They haven't gone away unfortunately.
    Just found it odd. I'd do ~1500KM a week odds are I'd cross there paths especially on my normal routes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just found it odd. I'd do ~1500KM a week odds are I'd cross there paths especially on my normal routes!!

I frequent them all the time on the old N3 between Navan and Dunshaughlin and right outside my estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

They are still around just no markings now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

^^^^ You sure about that ?
    They have to be marked (they even have a small flashing Beacon now).
    The only unmarked GoSafe Vans are the survey Vans, which do not hand out fines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Still see them.

Also read recently that they will be doubling the number of checkpoints for them too, so be mindful.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,120 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Still plenty of them down this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

bazz26 wrote: »
    Still plenty of them down this way.

Don't Limerick and Cork share an unmarked van?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

One van was living in Navan 5 days a week over the last year now down to 3 days operating at 5 different locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Gardai have up to 10 out there marked slightly or not at all.

Go safe have had an extra load of locations added so they may be in different spots to what you were use to seeing in.

They are still there and making plenty of wonga.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

This is potentially hubris but I seriously have nobidea how anyone in this country gets caught speeding. Or even gets penalty points.

In 12 years of driving I have never come close.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,120 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Shannon757 wrote: »

Are you referring to GoSafe vans or Garda speedcheck vans? The Garda speedcheck vans are just plain white vans with blacked out rear windows where the camera is.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Between navan and trim there is one spot where the van is parked a lot of the time, about 2 weeks ago I came across the van and the driver had set up a tripod for some reason, behind the van with back doors open, is that how he calibrates it?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Between navan and trim there is one spot where the van is parked a lot of the time, about 2 weeks ago I came across the van and the driver had set up a tripod for some reason, behind the van with back doors open, is that how he calibrates it?

Yes, not only that, the chap was also taking a photograph of it when I saw it on the Navan - Dunshaughlin road. No doubt date and time for calibration proof.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Are you referring to GoSafe vans or Garda speedcheck vans? The Garda speedcheck vans are just plain white vans with blacked out rear windows where the camera is.

Probably speedcheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Bull$hìt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

This is potentially hubris but I seriously have nobidea how anyone in this country gets caught speeding. Or even gets penalty points.

In 12 years of driving I have never come close.

Are you driving a horse?

That would be a survey van..

Only a few of them for the whole country

pa990 wrote: »
    That would be a survey van..

Only a few of them for the whole country

Surveying what?

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    ^^^^ You sure about that ?
    They have to be marked (they even have a small flashing Beacon now).
    The only unmarked GoSafe Vans are the survey Vans, which do not hand out fines.

Sorry can't multi quote on this phone..

The beacon is only used when they are setting up, they also set of their little emergency/panic siren.

It's all health&safety

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Surveying what?

its so they can go back with an average % of sppeders and then make a decision if it will bring in the wonga.

You may notice roads they are on are busy not little country lanes.

Surveying what?

Trying to figure out, whether it's worth their while setting up.

Initially they might catch loss of ppl, but as ppl become aware of speed enforcement there, ppl assist their behaviour, so it might not be necessary (profitable) to set up their anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Oh they're still shooting fish in barrels

vicwatson wrote: »
    Oh they're still shooting fish in barrels

Just the fast swimming fish

Advertisement