Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a PUK code to unlock a network

Options
  • 26-02-2016 6:01pm

Is there anyway I can get a PUK code for a Samsung Galaxy without having to get it from the network provider? I bought a phone before xmas telling the sales guys at ID I would be using it overseas. I suppose I was naive but I feel they should have told me I'd have to pay a fee to get off their network. Im reluctant to pay them the 50 euro to get off their network since the phone was only 70!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭droidman123

Is there anyway I can get a PUK code for a Samsung Galaxy without having to get it from the network provider? I bought a phone before xmas telling the sales guys at ID I would be using it overseas. I suppose I was naive but I feel they should have told me I'd have to pay a fee to get off their network. Im reluctant to pay them the 50 euro to get off their network since the phone was only 70!

You should be able to get one on ebay for a few euro

You should be able to get one on ebay for a few euro

Tried one of the main people that does that there but he said they can only do Pin's not PUK's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Tried one of the main people that does that there but he said they can only do Pin's not PUK's

PUK codes are to unlock your phone if you have entered the SIM PIN code too many times.

The NAC (Network Access Code) is what unlocks the phone and allow you to use the phone on other networks

PUK codes are to unlock your phone if you have entered the SIM PIN code too many times.

The NAC (Network Access Code) is what unlocks the phone and allow you to use the phone on other networks

Yes, when I rang up ID initially the girl on the phone gave me a bunch of codes that didn't work so it then it started asking me for a PUK code which she said she would email to me. After not emailing it I called them and then they were asking me for 50 euro. So you can see why Im not keen to pay them....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The PUC is free, call them, say nothing about leaving, just ask for the PUC to get back into the phone.

The go online and buy an NAC if you want to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Yes, when I rang up ID initially the girl on the phone gave me a bunch of codes that didn't work so it then it started asking me for a PUK code which she said she would email to me. After not emailing it I called them and then they were asking me for 50 euro. So you can see why Im not keen to pay them....

The PUK code is usually on the credit card-sized piece of plastic that the sim card came in or is usually available on your online account.

They should not be charging for a PUK code but could charge for the NAC

ED E wrote: »
    The PUC is free, call them, say nothing about leaving, just ask for the PUC to get back into the phone.

The go online and buy an NAC if you want to.

nice I will try that Monday.

@Pizza, yeah I have the card and usually theres a bunch of codes on those like 4, but this one only has the PIN

Advertisement