Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P6 - Independent or Griffith?

Options
  • 26-02-2016 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi guys, looking for advice on which tuition option is best for P6 Advanced Tax for June '16 exam sitting. I am a distance student so Julie Hawkins option is a non runner. Also Mel Kilkenny in City is out for me. Does anyone have any experience with Edel Walsh in Griffith or Sandra Gleeson in Independent that you could please share? Feel free to PM if you want to keep your views out of the public forum. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kaka86

Where are you travelling from ? Julie is definitely worth any drive ... Could you do the revision course with her ?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭MayoRoadRunner

Kaka86 wrote: »
    Where are you travelling from ? Julie is definitely worth any drive ... Could you do the revision course with her ?

Based in the West and with a young family can't justify travelling to Dublin for weekly lectures with Julie.
    Just wanted to see if anyone had any direct experience of Edel Walsh or Sandra Gleeson that they would be willing to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Mayo, just curious, who did you study with for P2?

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Mayo, just curious, who did you study with for P2?

Studied P2 with Reg Callanan (GCD). Found him good. I had decent knowledge base going into that exam as I had sat F7 a few months before P2. I studied F7 (& also F9) through First Tuition (Garret Mulvin). Garret also lectures P2 and would highly recommend him as a lecturer. TBH either Garret or Reg would be both good options for P2.

Would you go back to Edel Walsh for p6 after having her for F6 previously?

Studied P2 with Reg Callanan (GCD). Found him good. I had decent knowledge base going into that exam as I had sat F7 a few months before P2. I studied F7 (& also F9) through First Tuition (Garret Mulvin). Garret also lectures P2 and would highly recommend him as a lecturer. TBH either Garret or Reg would be both good options for P2.

Would you go back to Edel Walsh for p6 after having her for F6 previously?

Hi ZT, would appreciate feedback on above. Will you be going back to E Walsh in GCD for P6? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Well I don't know how larger or complex the P6 syllabus is compared with F6, but I found her quite good, heavily exam question focussed approach for F6 - got 70 in the exam (should have done better except due to my own poor time management on going back over a question to correct figures and only getting a small part of the final 15 mk question done!)

I haven't seen anyone else of this site giving feedback on her however, for either F6 or P6.

Due to age differences, Julie and Mel Kilkenny have probably decades more experience in lecturing than her however, and people always seem to be raving about those 2, so I'm undecided about who to chose for (hopefully) the December exams.

Advertisement