Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 counties in 24/36 hours 2016

Options
  • 26-02-2016 1:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭

Hi,

As the title suggests Im planning on driving through all 32 counties in either 24 hours or 36 hours. It is for charity and will be logged along the route with prominent county landmarks in each county.

My request is to find out if there is any up to date route that starts in Dublin?

Any suggestions welcome,

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

If you want to return to your starting point then Dublin is a reasonable place to start.
    If you want to visit 32 counties without returning to the exact same stop then starting in a large county like Cork may make sense, i.e. start at Kerry border and end up at Waterford border.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

@Charles Baggage: Good thinking , I'm originally from Cork so I dont mind ending in Cork or even Munster, but I have to start in Dublin.

I'll be driving a 2016 Hyundai Tucson so bumpy roads should be okay.

Anyone any idea roughly how much mileage this journey will clock up?
    There's 2200 km on it already.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭dublinbusdude

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Hi,

As the title suggests Im planning on driving through all 32 counties in either 24 hours or 36 hours. It is for charity and will be logged along the route with prominent county landmarks in each county.

My request is to find out if there is any up to date route that starts in Dublin?

Any suggestions welcome,

Thanks in advance

The programme I Dare Ya on RTE, many moons back tried to do it!!

They started in Brittas, Co. Dublin!

Part 1

Part 2

Advertisement