Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor tax disc lost

Options
  • 25-02-2016 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have paid the Motor Tax but i misplaced the tax disc that i received from them. How do i apply for a duplicate tax disc? and what do i need to do until i get the tax disc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Hi guys,

I have paid the Motor Tax but i misplaced the tax disc that i received from them. How do i apply for a duplicate tax disc? and what do i need to do until i get the tax disc?

RF 134, 6 euro, signed at Gardai and job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It'll cost ye €6 http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/motoring_1/motor_tax_and_insurance/motor_tax_rates.html

And don't park publicly until you get it. Or risk being fined for "not showing the tax disc".

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ManUnited123

Okay, can i get it signed by Gardai on saturday? and i just need to go to any Gardai office to get it signed?

Okay, can i get it signed by Gardai on saturday? and i just need to go to any Gardai office to get it signed?

Yes I don't see why not. Now would you like your hand held as well

• Registered Users Posts: 28,667 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

mickdw wrote: »
    Yes I don't see why not. Now would you like your hand held as well

That's a bit harsh to be honest. Not everyone would be in and out of Garda stations regularly like a lot of our State bodies seem to assume (eg: passport renewals, voter registrations etc)

But it does highlight the problem with this forum for new users alright.

• Advertisement

To be fair, google would have thrown up a full answer to the OP but instead I gave him the form number, the cost and the fact that you needed to go to the gardai with it.
    I think that is pretty helpful. I had to google the form myself!
    The least someone who was given that info might do is at least look up the form for themselves then having been given the info.

Wow, i didn't ask you to google it though dickmw, i mean mickdw, you did it yourselves so stop complaining about how you had to go to google and search and then reply to me. Thanks for doing that, but don't be an ass about it. No one forced you to do it :).

Secondly, i'm new in Ireland. The place i'm from, we have everything open on weekends but in Ireland what I've seen so far is that very few places open on weekends. Heck even if you call a help line on weekends they ask you to call back during weekdays. So pardon me for asking a simple question if the Gardai would entertain my request on a weekend or not.

P.S: I already did a google search first, but posted here only to know if someone else has had experience of the same.

dickmw, i mean mickdw.

Thanks for that

mickdw wrote: »
    Thanks for that

Anytime ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

If you just got it recently, tell them you didn't get it and they'll send another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh to be honest. Not everyone would be in and out of Garda stations regularly like a lot of our State bodies seem to assume (eg: passport renewals, voter registrations etc)

But it does highlight the problem with this forum for new users alright.

Having had a peek at this Guy's Posts (including the one where he asks what he should buy his wife for Valentine's Day :confused:) I'd say there will be a lot of 'Harsh' replies in the future ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is.

Advertisement